Saturday, January 22, 2011

One AM and Wide Awake

I've been pretty stressed lately. Not so much about the divorce, though. It's taking forever, but it's already taken so long that I've become apathetic about it. No, my stress is from other things, like work, school, family, and the pressure I've been putting on myself to lose a few pounds.
One thing that happens to me when I'm under a lot of stress is that I have really weird dreams at night, often quite frightening. They always sound ridiculous when I talk about them later, but, when my mind is in the dream world, it's terrifying. It's currently one in the morning, and I just woke up from one such dream. Even though I'm no longer in the dream, and I realize it was silly, I'm not eager to go back to sleep and feel that fear again. 
It's times like this that the loneliness really kicks in. I wish I had someone I could wake up and talk to after having a bad dream, so they could agree that it was dumb and help me to calm down so that it might not come back when I go back to sleep. 
Instead, I sit alone in the dark knowing logically that everything is fine, but wishing I had someone close by to tell me so.

1 comment:

  1. Both of us tend to say prayers when we wake up from scary dreams. The fear doesn't always go away right away, but it helps.

    We'd say you could call us, but the phone doesn't always wake us up. You can still try if you want.

    ReplyDelete